I used a spare wheel from a PAK36? to make a kind of pully. I saw same pics on the Interwebs and tried to recreate them - looks ok, I think. I used some Gale Force 9 Chain for linking the armatures together -- not 100% historically accurate, but it looks cool. There should be a bar connecting the armatures, but I could not find a spare piece to make them -- chains it is!
I went for a really muddy and worn look with this model. I figured that the recovery vehicle would get quite a workout towing and moving stuff around. I am pretty happy with a more subdued and tired looking ambush camouflage pattern.
I added spare wheels to the font and side of the vehicle. I also put some of the stowage from a 251 blister on the side, along with extra fuel cans from a StuG blister -- can't have enough supplies!