Luke got me a Crescent Root Church for my birthday, and I just got around to painting it. I love this thing! I really needed a church for my Flames of War games. Steven has had one for a long time, and I had been coveting it for a while. In most of Steven's Batreps, you see Crescent Root buildings.
I sprayed this with fairly dark grey auto primer. For the stone areas, I did drybrush layers of: Dunklegelb, Khaki, Stone Grey, then some very light White.
For the roofs, I did a drybrush of: Light Grey, Stone Grey, then some very light white. I also did a Black Wash over them to darken it up a bit.
The wooden parts are just a coat of Flat Earth (I think...) with a Sepia Wash. I will likely go back and put in stained glass on the window above the door there.
CONCLUSION: 10 of 10 Stars!
This checks in at $49USD, which is a little expensive. But, in this case I believe you get what you pay for. This thing is MASSIVE and will be the centerpiece of any board it is placed on. The resin is very tough and chunky -- takes paint very well. I did not see much bubbling at all on the piece, which is very difficult with the roof on this model.
There is a platform for this Church available for $25USD and another small building with a removable roof for $10USD -- I will be getting both very soon!
Popular Posts In the last 30 Days
With my first Flames of War PAVN company completed, I just couldn't wait to play a game of 'nam! Having a scant 350ish points per...
The Market Garden books have been out for a while now and I am still struggling to put together a new version my old Guards Armored list. ...
Since we have been without spray paint from Battlefront for over a year, I have started to search for some alternative colors for use with m...
Sean and I decided it'd been a while since we visited the desert in Flames of War , and decided to change that! We whipped together tw...
CELLENO, ITALY, JUNE 10 th , 1944 : On June 10 th , 1944, the 6 th South African Armoured Division deployed their entire 11 th South Afri...