Here we are with another review of a product from Battlefront's Defences line. This box set has been out for a while, but we just got around to taking a look. With the new rules for Street Barricades (p228 of the V3 Rulebook), I figured it was about time to paint these guys up!
Quick Rules Summary:
- Teams stop when reaching the barricade. Very Difficult to cross, but impassable to Cav and Trains.
- Provide Concealment and Bulletproof Cover.
- Assaulting teams must start their charge adjacent to the barricade.
- Bunker Busters within 16" can gap barricades with a skill test during Shooting.
|British Red Devils get ready to assault the Germans' hastily prepared obstacle.|
You get 2 large barricades that are exactly the same model. However, the removable sections are quite different -- one has a lamp post, the other is a German Opel truck turned on edge.
These are VERY wide. I think that applying them to a board would be kinda fiddly.
Conclusion: 6 of 8 Panzer IV Road Wheels
- Very Detailed Models. I can't get over the amount of sculpting and detail here.
- Available. What are you going to do -- make your own?
- The price point is pretty good.
- Take a LONG time to paint. If that is your thing, then have at it!
- I had some bubbles in the cobblestones -- that is hard to avoid for the manufacturer. The bubbles did add some time to the modeling/painting, as I filled most with Green Stuff.
- Nothing. I think these look good and I am glad that I have them available for my lists.