As you all know, I am going to be running an Arnhem themed game at Historicon this year. It will likely be 4-6 players divided between Germans and British Paratroopers. Here are some pics to show progress on the board.
Here you see the overhead shot. The area on the right is the mound, and the bridge section on the left stands on the pylons. I need to make 2 towers with stairs and the bridge superstructure.
This is a closeup of the town section that was in the upper left in the previous picture. These are mostly Lauterbach buildings, for which I am thankful! Hedges, paths and ground cover will be added later to improve the look.
There are about 5-6 more buildings that need to be added in the section in the middle left. If you look very closely, you can see a shaded area in the upper left corner. Trees will be added to create a wood. I do not plan to use felt woods markers on the board, but actually magnetize trees for woods and tree lines.
Another view of the buildings involved. I disguised the join in the table pieces with ground cover.
This shows a building that I have started the detail around. Notice the pathways and the shrubs around the building.
That's it for the update! I hope this starts coming together quickly!
Popular Posts In the last 30 Days
By Mitch Reed and Luke Melia The good people over at Battlefront supplied us with an advanced copy of the first follow on module for ...
By Mitch Reed Big Cats, Arty Parks, and Strelk Spam are all terms I have heard in my time playing Flames of War ; these terms are in ...
My tutorial will just show you a couple ways to model some nice flames of war bases. It will also give you a list of things that you can ...
I have been playing Bolt Action for around four years now and this has been the only game system that I have actually played competitively...
Relatively quick post today! I recently touched up some of my Armada ships just for fun. I took a lot of inspiration from Parker's beau...