Anatoli's Game Room fame has generously nominated us for a "Stylish Blogger Award"! Anatoli maintains one of my favorite blogs in the "blog-o-sphere" (I still gag when I hear that word). His prolific work are always a joy to see, and he has a wide focus on different aspects of gaming and entertainment that is worth checking out.
Anyhow, this award is sort of an e-pat on the back, given from one blog to another. It's spreading much like a virus, but it's all good intentioned so WWPD will definitely play ball! If you haven't already read this, there's a few rules:
1. Thank and link back to the person giving you the award
2. Share seven things about yourself
3. Select 10-15 blogs who you think deserve this award
4. Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award
1) Opposite of Anatoli, I am a total Apple fanboy. I use a Macbook pro for my personal computer. My wife uses a Macbook. We use a Mac Mini for our home theater (and got rid of cable over a year ago!). We have a Time Capsule as our wireless router/automatic backup device. 2 iPads, 2 iPhone 4s, and countless little gadgets. I'm a relatively new convert to Apple (just over 2 years now), and there's no zealot like a convert!
2) Despite #1, I am a programmer/analyst/consultant, and thus spend the majority of my professional time in a Windows environment. Although I love OSX, I have to give it to Microsoft- Windows 7 is really quite nice.
3) Not a day of my life goes by where I don't quote either Aliens or The Big Lebowski. I don't trust people who dislike either of these movies... but that's just like, my opinion, man.
4) One of my pet peeves is when people mispronounces "Reece's Pieces". They're pieces that belong to Reece. Not "Ree Sees Pee Sees".
5) I prefer staycations over vacations. I saved a ton of money to buy, and put a lot of time into my house. I do that because I love it. I like spending time in my own house. This makes me a crotchety old man and a homebody.
6) I prefer Star Trek to Star Wars.
7) When Wendy's introduced their dollar menu, I got very fat on delicious jr. bacon cheeseburgers. I then lost 65 pounds to make up for it. I am now smaller than I was in High school. It gives me a new appreciation for trying to eat right- it's tough work!
There's no way I can nominate 10-15 blogs- though I follow quite a few, I think a good number of them have already received it. Here goes:
Mik's Minis - All kinds of different stuff, and always a good read. Plus, he's an awesome dude!
Model Dads - They make the prettiest battle reports I've ever seen.
World of Tanks Skins - If you aren't playing this game, fix that. If you aren't using these skins, fix that too!
Lead, Paint, and the General - Fellow WWPDer and good buddy Joe's blog. His painting updates are always gold!
Thanks again, Anatoli!
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
WWPD joins the expanding ranks of the Stylish Blogger Award Recipients
Posted by Steven MacLauchlan Labels: personal
Popular Posts In the last 30 Days
In the previous article in this series, I spoke about the great British infantry lists contained in Iron Maiden . This article will turn i...
Many of you can accurately say that I beat the Iron Maiden release to death this month! I did feel the need to cap off the month with an a...
Have an extra pair of socks handy for this episode because they might be knocked off! In Act I, the guys give just a quick update o...
MOAB. What a weekend. I recently attended my 4th MOAB in Sydney the other week for my final Bolt Action V1 event. I marked my 21st Bolt ...
By Bryan Hi guys, welcome to a step-by-step painting tutorial for the Imperial Japanese Army of WW2. This guide and the techniques ...